Thursday 17 June 2010

Bad fish photos

So what does it all mean? It is something to ponder as one sails through life. Every time I get close to some sort of meaningful truth it sails away from me. Thank goodness. What a relief that I didn’t figure it all out years ago and then make myself a nice comfortable rut with that knowledge and stay there forever more.

There is a tall Caucasian man sitting with his young Thai son opposite me. I expect his truth and meaning is the toddler sitting next to him at Starbucks. Something life has gifted him. To the expensively dressed happy Thai teenagers vacating their table against the wall, perhaps belonging to their crowd and grabbing the most comfortable squishy couch in the cafĂ© is their current gift, as they are to their indulgent parents. Of course I could have their ages completely wrong. It’s hard to tell here. They might be 40.

Today I finally spent some time in the aquarium at Siam, by myself. Pas enfants. Mai luk sow.

It was an artist’s date a la Julia Cameron that I thought of doing ages ago. I took lots of photos, spoke to no one and wrote a brief entry in my journal whilst watching jelly fish sway gently to classical music. I really enjoyed not having to spend half an hour stationed outside the play area.

My favourite fish is this one.


He definitely needs a name. I’m thinking George or possibly Henry. He is the most handsome fish I have ever seen. Every time I visit the aquarium I look out for him. When he plays dead, I get nervous that he actually is this time. This was my second visit to the aquarium since Paragon reopened after the red shirt protests and I have noticed a difference. The fish are more responsive, eager for attention. They must have missed us! George was very animated and would not stay still for a decent photo. He used to spend our visits hiding in the coral.

This one is my second favourite after George.
I adore his fashionable dalmation spots. He wouldn’t keep still either.

In between the hordes of school children tearing around excitedly, it was peaceful. Even the busy hum of voices on the ground floor of Paragon can be peaceful. How strange.

Am currently reading "The Third Wave" by Alvin Toffler and "Crime" by Irvine Welsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment