Thursday 10 June 2010

New Netbook and repair men

I am revelling in the (relative) peace and quiet of an apartment empty of children and guests whilst trying to increase my writing output.

Our apartment is full of workmen, once again, but the latest ceiling emergency seems to be over. Today the many holes in the ceiling (5 big ones at the last count) are being filled in. The atmosphere is one of happy industry, rather than the baffled panic of the last few days.

(Not to mention the desperate search by technicians for a scapegoat, ie;
-our maid for not cleaning inside the ceiling vents(!)
-us for running the air conditioning too much)

Oh god I can hear the sound of sawing in the study.

Turns out that the water draining from the AC units had to travel up hill due to a curious installation feature, hence the many soggy patches in our ceiling. So it wasn't our fault then :-)
All fixed now though.

I spent the morning at my favourite cafe playing with my new Inspiron mini netbook. Actually got work done too. My new toy is turning out to be a huge help. Worked on a short story- the third one this week I think.

I am really enjoying French class at the moment. Had a fun tuk tuk ride home from class which made me consider again how rich my life is here.

Today I am in love with Bangkok.

No comments:

Post a Comment